Friday, March 7, 2014

The Tortoise Challenge

 
 

 
You know that one childhood story about the tortoise and the hare? The story where the fast hare and slow tortoise race. The hare takes a nap because he's in the lead and the tortoise ends up winning while the hare is still asleep. I'm trying to be less like the hare and more like the tortoise moving slowly and steadily to the finish line.
 
Ever since I got back from my last LA trip in late January, I've been slowing down my life. I am finally learning to rest and move at a slower pace. A few hours go by and you have no obligations. To be honest, I'm starting to like this go with the flow way of life. I never expected that I would be so content with an open schedule. It's a nice change, my friends.
 
I know it might be difficult (especially for those of you in school) but I challenge you to one day this month to slow down and choose only one thing to do for the day. Go spend the day at your favorite spot in the city or go eat at that one restaurant you've been dying to try. Don't be afraid to lose track of time and enjoy the experience. Life is not a race, enjoy it.
 
Jacket: Target
Top: Forever 21
Skirt: H&M
Flats: Target
 
Photography by: Landon Nagata


 

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea. We do move in a very fast pace these days and often not see what is around us at all. I thank you for your inspiring words and hopefully we can all slow down and appreciate the world a little bit more ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pretty look! And I totally agree that it's so important to slow down and soak in life. I need a lot of that in my life now!

    ReplyDelete